The aim of this community is to help writers develop original characters for already established fandoms. It attempts to do so by providing a series of 22 writing prompts based on the Tarot's major arcana. These prompts can be responded to in any fashion the writer feels is appropriate. All sorts of fanfiction are welcome--be they gen, slash, het, or any combination there of--as long as they feature an original character of the writer's own creation. In these stories, any canon characters derived from the fandom itself must play supporting roles.
In other words, break out the Mary Sues!How to Claim
1. Join the community.
2. Copy the prompts below and paste them into a post in the journal through which you subscribed to this community. Provide a link to that post with your claim, as outlined in step three.
3. Post your claim here
. An example of the appropriate format is given below.Fandom:
Star WarsBrief Description of Original Characters
: Sirus (Master Jedi), Larin (Padawan Jedi), Malachi (Sith)Notes if applicable:
Stories to be set during the time of the Old Republic.Prompt Table:
Please do not make your claim until you know the name of at least one of your original characters.Note:
You may work with a partner if you wish, but this should be noted in your claim. Stories should also be posted consistently from the same account. Prompts
The following 22 prompts are taken from the Tarot's major arcana. Meanings for each card are purposely not given here in the hopes that each writer will find inspiration through their own research. A basic list of meanings can be found here
, though writers are encouraged to find others.
0 - The Fool
1 - The Magician
2 - The High Priestess
3 - The Empress
4 - The Emperor
5 - The Hierophant
6 - The Lovers
7 - The Chariot
8 - Strength
9 - The Hermit
10 - Wheel of Fortune
11 - Justice
12 - The Hanged Man
13 - Death
14 - Temperance
15 - The Devil
16 - The Tower
17 - The Star
18 - The Moon
19 - The Sun
20 - Judgment
21 - The World How to Post
1. Complete the prompts as you feel inspired. There is no need to work in order.
2. Post the fics as you complete them, in the format listed in step three. Put all fics behind an LJ cut. If you do not know how to do this, refer to the LJ FAQ
. Also, please do not tag entries, as the moderator will do that herself. Don't disable comments either.
3. When posting your stories, use the following format. In your subject line, please enter: TITLE (Fandom, Rating, Prompt #). In the post itself, do this:Title: Author:Theme:
(Put number and the theme, for example "0. The Fool")Fandom:Original Characters:Derivative Characters:
(If applicable, for example: Contains slash, graphic violence, etc)Summary:Notes:
The piece itself should then follow behind an LJ cut.
4. Please do not post pieces under 100 words in length.Other Rules
Be polite. Don't steal from others. Follow the rules. Contact the moderator at address above or at torinosu @ livejournal.com if you have any problems or concerns.